PB4L ( Postive behaviour for learning)

Friday 4 December 2015

     Athletics
On Friday morning, as I got out of the bus and started waddling alongside a fellow student, the nerves hit me quite hard. It quickly subsided as soon as I stepped inside Massey Park, everything looked the same as it looked last athletics day.
The first event we did was 1500m, I was excited for I thought I could do it without my ankle hurting,  but of course I was wrong. On my third lap I stopped because it hurt too much. The placings were: Hayley.C first, Samantha.R second, and Hannah. S third.
Next we did long jump which I didn’t do because I had to rest my ankle for the other events, but I wouldn’t of gotten a placing for it in any case. I enjoyed observing the competitive students trying to get to first place. Everyone did great but only 3 people got placings which was: Johanri, first Emma-lee, second and Hayley. C, third. They all did an amazing job.
We had a lunch break afterwards and everyone was pumped for the next event, Discus.
Discus was fun but nerve-racking. Again people did great. Some even discovered that they can throw very far. I came first, Johanri came second and Hayley.C came third.
Straight afterwards we did 200m. I didn’t think I would do good because of my ankle, but I surprised myself. It was a good race, Johanri came first, Emma-lee came second and Lelani (me) came third.
We had another lunch break which seemed like forever since I REALLY BADLY WANTED TO DO HIGH JUMP.
Shot put was AMAZING!  I came first, Adah came second and two people came third Crosbie and Hayley.B. Adah and I were really close we were so nervous about who won, but we were both very supportive towards each other.
Right afterwards we had high jump. I came first Hayley.C second and Jodie third. I broke the record by 6 cm, 1.25. I was the last person jumping for a very long time, it was scary when I didn’t make it, but there were always people cheering me on which made a big difference.
After high jump I found out my dad was there watching me with my sisters and grandma.
Finally the last event for 11 year olds 100m. Johanri came first, I came second and Emma-lee came third.
Then came the most exciting event, RELAY!!! I’m in Totara (Green,) which came second in the girls relay. Rimu came first Kauri came third and Kowhai came fourth. I started Totara off which for me was a big deal since I was against Johanri, I passed it onto Katie who passed to Brooke who passed it to Theane who did a great finish.
The boys relay for Totara wasn’t as good as the girls. They came last which isn’t quite good but they did try their hardest at catching up when they dropped the baton.

I was very proud of myself at the end of the day. Mostly because I got a place in everything other than 1500 and long jump. I came first in 3 things which meant I got $15.00 from my grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment