PB4L ( Postive behaviour for learning)

Wednesday 18 November 2015

Athletics day!!

Image result for athletics
2015 Reremoana Athletics day
Sky 
19/11/15
Year 7

Totora! Rimu! Kauri! Kowhai!
The four houses are on the go! On the 13th of November it was the school Athletics day. As the buses get closer to Massey park, everyone gets more excited but nervous as well, because it’s still a race.


The first event of the day started at 9:45. For us, the 12 year old girls, we had high jump first up at that time. We took lots of jumps and turns. I was really surprised that I came fourth. And it is the first time in 2 years that I have jumped over the bar on athletics. “Yay!” I said. Even though I didn’t have a ribbon, I won myself! “It’s ok” I said. “I may get a ribbon throughout the day.”


Then not long after, we had the 1500 meters. The boys and girls went together. I had wasted too much energy at the start. But Mr Fourie said to get a really good start. And that is the thing that I’m good at. After the hard work I came 3rd!! Miriama bet me for the first time on athletics.


We had other discus, shot put 200m and 100m. My other good event is long jump, I came 5th. I came fourth in 200m which I’m really happy about.
Here’s a picture of me running the 1500m.
Screenshot 2015-11-19 at 09.58.17.png
But soon after we had to pack up and watch the house relays. There was a boys relay and a girls one. In the boys one, the high school kids did it for fun as well. Even though Totora boys team came last it’s ok, because we came second in the girls race. It was a really good race. 
I really enjoyed the day! We got on the bus and went back to school. It was a really good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment