PB4L ( Postive behaviour for learning)

Thursday 19 November 2015

Athletics day


Finally we got off the bus and started walking to the entry gate of Massey Park grounds as I walk up to the stand to sit down with the 11 year old boys. The starter gun went off, we also  waited for our first event the 1500.


Finally it was the 11 year old boys race the 1500 “BANG!!”. I say to myself it’s the last lap of the 1500 the bell went off “ring, ring, ring” then it was the last 100m I started to sprint to the finish line. “Yah” 3rd place.


Then our second event was Long jump and after Logan jumped it was my turn to jump. and my first score was 2.99 and my next jump was 3.18 And on my last jump my score of went down to 3.12.

So then we went back to the stand and cheered and  watched other people do the track and field events then it wasn't long until it was time to do are thrid event .


It was time for us to do 200m Sprint so Lynn patterson split us up into 2 Groups of 8 to race in and my group was first up for the 200m and I came 2 second in my group but there were faster times than mine and I didn’t get a placing in the 200m sprint.

After are 200m it was time to do discus for my first throw I got 2.98 but I didn’t make it into the top 10 so I sat down and I watched others that made it in do their throws.

Then after that it was time for us to go back to the stand and drink water, eat and relax and get ready for my next event which is high jump which I had skipped because I always hurt my back when i do it.


Then after that it was time for 100m sprint and Mr Fourie split us up into 2 groups of 8 and with my group I came first but yet again there were way faster times than my one so I didn’t get a placing. But I was really excited for my last event which  was kauri relay boys team which was Griffin, Owen, Xander and Bradley and we came first place out of the house’s YAH!!.


I was very happy with my results because I got a 3rd place ribbon for 1500 and a 1st place ribbon for the Kauri boys relay and last year I got no ribbons so I feel really proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment