PB4L ( Postive behaviour for learning)

Thursday 7 May 2015

Letter's from the war

Diaries from the war always starts like this: My dear (Name), Dear mama, To my dearest family and it always ends like: Love to you all (Name), From (Name), Goodbye, Love from (Name). Here are some Links that will take you to the letter's of Robert Lindsay Mackay in the world war, 2 August 1972 or other letter's.The first one is Robert Lindsay Mackay's:


            Robert Lindsay Mackay
This image are from Google Images




This image are from Google Images



Men’s in the war’s send their diaries to their parent’s, family or grandparent’s. Did you know that diaries from the war gets to be edited and neatly write it again in a factory. Then it gets sent back home.

Here’s an example of a letter that I made up myself:

This image is from Google Images


Dear loving mama, we have finally reached Gallipoli and we do not have much food. You can always hear our grumbling stomach when we go to sleep.


Day by day more men are dieing. My friend William has also died. There used to be 35 men and now there are only about 15 men. This is all too emotional to even talk about. But at least I have made more friends. Mama, it seems that us New Zealand are winning, that's the good part.


There’s rat’s all around us and it seems that we try to kill them even more than Spain (the country who we are battling with).


One time when I went of to sleep a rat ate my nose. I woke up with my nose bleeding heavily into my mouth. I can’t even breath probably and I look weird. Now I have a bandage around my nose.


This image is from Google Images

Mama, it’s nearly Christmas and the war is still going. I hope it ends before Christmas Day and I was hoping to get back home and see you. It’s been a very long time since I've even seen you. I really really miss you Mama.
I’ll have to go back to the camp where we are camping.

Your loving son,
Joseph

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Well Done Miriama!!! I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Well Done Miriama!!! I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you did lots of images

    ReplyDelete