PB4L ( Postive behaviour for learning)

Sunday 1 March 2015

Ms F's Holiday Blog Post

Over 250 steps to the top!
This post has been written as a model for the students in Room 2. 
New Zealand is a beautiful country, and I feel very lucky to live in it. A lot of the time we hear about the beauty of the South Island, but did you know that the North Island has so many beautiful spots too? Over summer I took a 'Road Trip' around parts of the North Island I had never visited, and it was awesome!
I visited Taupo, the Manawatu area and the Kapiti Coast, before spending two days in the Wairarapa with one of my best friends. It is this area that I want to tell you about. It was a gorgeous place to visit and drive through. The first night we stayed in Martinborough, a region well known for its wineries, and also home to the air show, "Wings over Wairarapa". In the nearby town of Greytown we did some shopping; it really was a cute town with lots of great clothes and gift type shops, girls!
But the highlights of the area for me were the visits we made to two lighthouses. The first is at the very end of the North Island, at a place called Cape Palliser


Picture from http://www.wairarapanz.com/cape-palliser
As a photographer, my eye was on the lookout for the seals I knew that lived there and I was not disappointed. We also climbed up to the lighthouse, so many steps! But the view was great and I felt like I had achieved something. 

The lighthouse and view at Castlepoint

The second lighthouse we visited was at Castlepoint. What a beautiful place! Lots of people were there enjoying the area, which includes a huge lagoon, and my friend decided it would be a great place to bring her family. 
A little way along from Castlepoint is a little village called Mataikona. My friends have a beach house there and invited us to stay. What a peaceful evening it was, sitting on the deck looking over the ocean, eating kaimoana gathered that day, and enjoying good company.
I could write so much more about my holiday, but maybe this small slice of it will convince some of you to visit the Wairarapa.
Mataikona Landscape - New Zealand is Beautiful!






25 comments:

  1. Nice images and I like your layout

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job with the images. I also liked how much descriptive writing is in it. Excellent job Ms f

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the links and images. I also enjoyed it when you mention that you did some shopping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. like the pic's good job

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's so cool well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's so cool well done

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great story very descriptive

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that was very well done ms f

    ReplyDelete
  11. that was very well done ms f

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice work the picture make it look way more interesting

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the imges

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow I love your blog post and I will definetly be looking at your other blog posts :)
    ~Irza

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice job Ms F love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice job miss f you are awesome i like you're images and layout. HAYLEE

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice job miss f you are awesome i like you're images and layout. HAYLEE

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the pics and story c(^3^)c -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really liked your story it really made me want to go to the North Island!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
    -Lily

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really liked your story it really made me want to go to the North Island!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
    -Lily

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well done Ms F.I really like your pics.You are such a good blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW! That was a great story. I wish I could go there. What a very good work Mrs.Forthergal. I love the photo's and the thing that you said about shopping. I love shopping and I really wish I could go there and shop.You are one good blogger. You have really predict me to go there, I will try one day. You should be proud of yourself. NICE! I LOOOOOOVE IT!

    -Miriama

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome job Mrs F WOW!!!
    -Adah

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love how you told us what you have done. Plus I love shopping, especially with clothes shops! I love the pictures as well. Cool, love it. You are such a good blogger! ^_^ :) :)

    -Sky

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great post i must say and thanks for the information. Education is definitely a sticky subject. However, is still among the leading topics of our time. I appreciate your post and look forward to more...
    Online Pakistan Store

    ReplyDelete